Monday 21 February 2011

Comparing our film opening to other current films.

In this lesson I compared my tragic drama film opening idea with other current tragic films out in the industry today.
I think that my groups film compared the most with "My sisters keeper" and there are many reasons why.
Firstly I think that normally tragic drama films are independent but My sisters keeper wasn't as it appealed to a mainstream audience, was shown in the cinema and was hugely successful and this is what we want our film to be like.
Also both our films have completely different story lines (My sisters keeper is about a young girl fighting her battle through cancer however our film is about a little girl who has already died and we see the relationship between the girl and father were far from perfect, something isn't right).
Our films both involve a whole family who are involved in the situation and also there are deaths in both films although in My sisters keeper the death is at the end of the film where as in ours it has already happened.

Discussing the openings there is big similarities, both our films start with the little girl talking now in My sisters keeper the girl is talking about why she was born and in ours the little girl is talking about her memories so they are two different things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS55xHZWzEo
Lastly in the opening we both see clips and images of the family together which is another similarity.
Although there are lots of similarities with our film and My sisters keeper, the whole storyline is completely different we just have similar aspects that you can compare the films with.

No comments:

Post a Comment